Are you thinking of taking up golf as a hobby or sport? If ‘yes’, they should think about getting a driver to get you going. As part of your golf set, a good driver should be able to provide a strong, straight, and far enough drive.Apart from building your confidence, this should get you hooked to golf from the get-go.
The following are reviews of the best drivers for beginners in 2019:
1. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha V Series Driver
You will get one used driver from $239.00. This driver features a lightweight shaft and is speed optimized. You will find it in both right-hand and left-hand orientation. Made using OptiFit technology, this drive also features a hyper-speed face. With this drive, you can make a choice between multiple lofts. This is perhaps the fastest driver from Callaway and can surpass previous offerings by 7 yards.
- Comfortable and soft
- Increases the driving distance
- Not very accurate
- The muted sound doesn’t work for some players.
2. TaylorMade Men’s R15 460 Black Driver
If you are looking for value for money in a driver, this ought to be your first option. Among its key features is the fact that it has a pear-shaped 460cc head that delivers a low forward center of gravity. This driver has the ability to reduce the spin level, increase the travel angle, and deliver longer distance.
- Made to cover a great distance
- Adjustable spin, lie, and loft for altering the flight
- Beginners will find it great
- Takes time to get used to the settings
3. Cobra Men’s Fly-Z Driver
If you are anywhere between mid and high handicap golfer, this is the driver for you. It has the ability to increase speed due to the Speed Channel Face. The center of gravity is repositioned lower and way back in the head of the club. The lofts are highly adjustable.
- The design is attractive
- A forgiving driver that offers highly accurate results
- Achieves good distance
- May result in too much spin
4. TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner Driver
If you are a beginner who cares about improving your game, this is the driver for you. This driver’s aerodynamic shape and 460cc club deliver greater forgiveness and accuracy for beginners. It is mostly a right-hand orientation affair. The graphite shaft and club weigh a paltry 300 grams together. You will love it for the speed pocket which reduces spin and increases distance.
- Works well to deliver airborne balls
- Increased forgiveness and distance due to the speed pocket
- Delivers straight shots
- You may not like it for its lightweight nature and lack of adjustability
- Launches at a steep angle, which is not suitable for everyone
5. Adams Golf Men’s Blue Driver RH
Beginners will love this driver because of its easy launch system. Apart from making it easy to hit, the club delivers the ball to great distances. It is lightweight, has a slim shaft, and delivers a lower center of gravity. The orientation is both right and left handed. With this driver, you get higher speed and flex when playing in an expansive area.
- Lowers the center of gravity
- Delivers great distance
- Has a SlimTech shaft
- Not adjustable
- Results in a somewhat hollow impact
These are the best drivers for a beginner in 2019. Don’t hesitate to make a pick. You may need several drivers.