Are you familiar with the health benefits of medical marijuana? Do you have reason to believe that the use of medical cannabis could be just what you need to improve your life?
For many years, there has been great debate in regards to the health benefits of weed. As of late, however, many people have come to agree that medical marijuana should be made available to anyone who needs it.
This leads to a very important question: what are the health benefits of weed?
While there is no simple answer, there are a variety of benefits that are well worth discussing. Here are seven you should be aware of:
1. Decrease Anxiety
- Are you the type of person who struggles with anxiety? Is this beginning to take a toll on your life, making it a challenge to work, go to school, or socialize?
With the help of marijuana, you may be able to put this in the past once and for all.
- Soon enough, your anxiety will slowly melt away, making it easier for you to live an enjoyable and stress-free life.
2. Slows the Progression of Alzheimer’s
- Although there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, there are several alternative approaches to traditional medication that show the ability to slow progression. Marijuana is one of them.
- There is no guarantee that smoking weed will slow the progression of Alzheimer’s, but many people feel that it gives them the best chance of living a longer, fuller life.
3. Relaxes the Muscles
- Do you suffer from muscle spasms? Has this problem progressed to the point that it’s impacting your life?
- Marijuana can help suppress muscle spasms, such as diaphragm spasms that impact so many people (and are difficult to control).
- Smoking marijuana may be the only way for some people to calm these spasms. Best yet, it can provide immediate relief.
4. Treats Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease affects thousands upon thousands of people, with illnesses like Chrohn’s disease extremely serious (not to mention difficult to treat).
- Many studies have found that the chemicals in marijuana, such as THC, can help control the side effects of inflammatory bowel disease.
5. Say Bye to Arthritis Discomfort
- While there is no sure fire way to eliminate all of the symptoms associated with arthritis, there are many medications on the market that have been proven effective.
- Even so, some people are looking for more help. This is where marijuana can come into play.
- Many research studies show that marijuana alleviates the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis, giving the patient the ability to lead a more active (and pain free) life.
6. Promotes Better Lung Health
- Is it possible that smoking weed can increase lung capacity, while promoting better lung health?
- There are many questions about this, but some studies show that the answer could be yes.
- For many years, it was believed that the use of marijuana decreased lung capacity. However, as more and more studies have been completed, there’s reason to believe that the impact is the exact opposite.
7. Relieve Nausea
- There is nothing worse than a nauseous stomach that just doesn’t want to go away.
- Depending on your medical condition, this may be something you are unable to shake on your own (or with traditional medicine).
- With a variety of cannabinoids, marijuana is effective in treating nausea.
Note: this holds true of nausea caused by a variety of illnesses, as well as situations in which it is drug or chemotherapy induced.
How to Learn More
At this point, you should have a better understanding of the many health benefits of weed. Of course, there are many others that you should become familiar with, as you may find that it could help you overcome a particular illness that has been dragging you down.
If you want to learn more about the health benefits of weed, there are several things you can do:
- Read online, with a focus on recent scientific studies. More and more studies are being introduced that show the positive impact of marijuana on the mind and body. You should read as many of these as you can find.
- Talk with others. Do you know somebody who has used marijuana to treat a medical condition? Talk to him or her about the impact, both good and bad, to see if it’s something that could help you.
- Experiment. As long as you are permitted to legally use marijuana in your state, you should feel comfortable experimenting with the drug. This is the best way to fully understand what it can do for you, including whether or not it has the potential to benefit your health.
So, there you have it. You now have a clear idea of how marijuana can benefit your health. Depending on where you live, you may be closer than ever to securing the medical cannabis you require. For those in the San Francisco area, a simple online search for weed delivery could be the first step in getting your hands on the product you desire.
For everyone else- Download Leafly! This great app will show you where delivery dispensaries are located in your area (if your state has legalized, of course).
What are your thoughts on the health benefits of weed? Do you have personal experience with using marijuana to improve your health? Is this something you continue to do? Share your thoughts and advice in the comment section below.