Many organizations are starting to depend increasingly on managed IT services according to global trends. Services have evolved from the basic email hosting and CRM to more strategic and advanced business processes including data analytics and predictive automation.
Therefore, it is increasingly important to establish a strong symbiotic relationship with your Managed IT Services provider. Here are some ways you can both nurture and benefit the most from such services.
- It’s a Growth Market, so there’s supply
Being one of the most popular service industries that are consistently growing in size, Managed IT has never been so diverse. It is ahead of other business models like Value Added Resellers, IT support & helpdesk and consulting.
Therefore, finding the right service provider is easy if you are clear about requirements.
2. Think of them as partners and not replacements
For ideal collaboration, it is important that companies willingly transact and associate with managed IT. Therefore, they should be considered complementary to the existing IT infrastructure and not be taken as replacements.
Wise company executives try to merge staff and information with their providers for better results and refrain from downsizing. In large-scale companies, bringing an IT service provider into the mix frees in-house IT officials for strategically more relevant projects and decisions.
In the starting days, outsourced IT solutions used to be mostly about cost-cutting. Current trends are far from the same. Cost benefits are only one of the major concerns of the stakeholders. Factors like improved efficiency, business automation and revenue analytics are also key driving factors. Therefore, more and more companies are merging their IT operations and choosing services like software and web development to be managed from the outside.
3. Be specific in your service purchases
There are standard Managed IT services like email hosting, CRM, storage, backup and data recovery including network monitoring. However, companies look for providers with more specific business outcomes. Don’t just stick to the technological perspective but also enquire about the business perspective.
Take a look at the customer testimonials and feedback. Get a trial if you a can when looking into a quality computer service provider. Be exhaustive in your approach.
4. Make use of advanced offerings
Companies these days are looking for Advanced Managed IT services like cloud infrastructure management, application management and data analysis and reporting.
Business intelligence is in special demand as they provide key factors and information regarding revenues like forecasts, predictive models and more. Service providers are offering carved niche services in the mobile domain that has yet to reach full potential.
5. Here are ten more benefits of Managed IT Services
- You get the best technology in the industry, as that’s the biggest competitive edge.
- Your monthly costs are low and predictable as these services have fixed price models
- Flexible plans allow for consequent flexibility in your business
- Their services converge with your existing infrastructure to increase efficiency
- Use of advanced technology like cloud monitoring and firewalls increases the resilience of your infrastructure
- You get services directly from trained experts
- Managed network can be easily centralized
- Managed IT has support models that offer 24x7x365 service
- Services like cloud backups and recovery made your data secure from hacks and threats of any kind and ensure business continuation.
- By using shared cloud space, your energy imprint on mother earth is lower!
Managed IT services can offer a great deal if you are willing to dig deep and explore the sea of solutions that they have to offer. Current models and trends support the fact that such solutions provide increased levels of efficiency to businesses and help increase profitable outcomes in the long run.